Meditation and a man part III
source ~ www3.uta.edu ~ meditation
rodadewa’s blog has no affiliation with www3.uta.edu
As I said before in the 1st part of this post title, meditation is not ‘owned’ by only a certain religion, everyone from all over the world, whatever race and religion has the right to do meditation without leaving their religion. Meditation is not against any religion, logically how can “a step closer to God” be wrong to our self.
Now there’s a facinating word. Many religions have their own name for God. This is quite a ‘sensitive’ word, so I will not put ‘names’ here. The bottom line is; it doesn’t matter what name you mention in your meditation. There is an old expression used in many songs, “wishing on the same bright star”. Well everywhere in the world there is only one sun but there are a lot of different language depending on which part of the world are you from.
Part I and II contains the understanding and philosophy of the meditation, now lets get on with the ‘actions’ Its best before you start to meditate, pray for safety and protection to whatever it is that you believe in. Here are the steps in which I believe can be helpful to those who are new to meditation:
- Find the best place to concentrate. The best place is where you can be alone without interuption.
- Find the best time to concentrate The best time is usually at night time where everyone sleeps. 3.
- Try to burn incense stick or something simillar. The purpose is for your self to inhale the therapical aroma to bring your body to the state of relaxation. For those who has allergies or not fond of these burning incense may skip this step
- Turn of all light. Well this is not referring to go to the dark side of the force. In theory you are supose to "look" for the light within your self. If lights is everywhere how can you find your own light unless you are already a master. (note: I still turn all lights off)
- Sit and just relax.. clear your mind This is.. easy to say but hard to do. Clear your mind – "empty the mind" – not thinking of anything – blank – defragment the hard drive of your self. It will take a lot of training. Forget about thinking a ghost coming and scares you off, if you accidently forgot about feeding your pet or get the laundry.. simple stuff like that can be very very anoying (tomorrow I have a meeting…, my son’s grades are poor, the guy next door have an affair with his secretary etc…). Trust me.. its hard.
- The length of a meditation is ‘free’ no limit of how long or how soon. When you feel its enough then you can stop anytime.
These are just “written step”, a theory to help beginners.
There are several problems that may occure after we started to meditate, depending on how the person it self feel his or her experience within the meditation. I have seen a “bad” effect of miss guided perception of meditation :
- After several meditation, you feel that you are a saint or a god incarnation. Very very … wrong, still eating and drinking? still breathing air? still go to the bathroom? Then you are just as human as I am.
- Some people may "love" meditation too much that they eventually leave their normal daily life and work. Remember, you are supose to be a human, you are made to be human.
- Some people don’t like what they see or hear in their meditation and starts to do a self denial then tell their friends that he did not see anything or made up a lie to cover whatever truth he saw or heard.
- Don’t see or hear anything, so just made another story, one that is superb and remarkable… lie. If your friends in their meditation saw something doesn’t really mean that you also have to see something too. Visions and sounds will come to you at its own time and space.
- Remember the point of meditation, to better our self and our life, to correct our own errors, to learn new things, to be a human just the way it is meant to be and to let our soul to be close with the universe and The Creator.
- No one can make their negative side disappear, only "supress" so the output of your actions shall be positive.
One last thing…
Your human self is a universe, it has the element of earth, water, wind, fire, even the stars and many galaxies, explore with your soul, make a new discovery each day, some may be bad, some maybe good.., that is exactly what the universe is.
Space.. the final frontier..
This is your voyage..
To seek out new discovery and enlightment
To boldly go where you have never gone before
Within your self…
I will post the fourth part and so on in the future, keep checking back even if I no longer exist, the series of this post topic will never be completed. The knowledge of the universe cannot be told in just one life time span. But eventually it will all be finished when the universe can no longer teach us. The possibilities are endless …